We are looking to fill multiple positions for this vacancy.
team.blue was created in June 2019 by the merger of regional leading hosting providers Combell Group, Register Group and TransIP Group and offers digital presence and enablement tools such as domains, hosting, email, VPS and applications to over 2 million SME, SoHo and developer customers across Europe. The group consists of several well-known and respected brands, spanning across thirteen European countries and operating under several brand names for each jurisdiction – with a bloodline that represents total commitment to customers. The group consists of several well-known and respected brands, with more than 30 brands across Europe and over 1,500 employees.
You have an R&D role in which you research innovative technologies and deploy them on production environments. You bring value to the team through a strong technical knowledge and expertise.
What are you going to do?
- Constantly improving and optimizing existing and new cluster infrastructure, so that we can deliver on our promise of optimal customer satisfaction
- Design and support cloud infrastructure
- Design and roll out new applications and improve existing applications
- You closely monitor the daily management of the server park
- You monitor escalations and guarantee knowledge sharing to support colleagues
- You research new technologies and suggest them when they contribute to an improvement of an existing or new platform
- You perform operating system and application upgrades when necessary
- You can detect operational problems or solve problems proactively via monitor tools
- You live and breathe the DevOps culture and convey this way of working enthusiastically to your team.
Required skills and experience
- You have at least 3 years experience as a developer / system administrator
- You have a [P/S] aaS background (OpenStack, KVM, VMware, Ceph, etc.)
- OpenStack knowledge is a plus! (Cinder, Neutron, Nova, Glance,…) but definitely not a MUST
- You are a scripting ninja (Python, PHP, Perl, Go, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, puppet, git, etc.)
- Strong affinity with the open source world
- You have experience with the most commonly used open source technologies (Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Docker, HAProxy, ElasticSearch, etc)
- You have a thorough knowledge of one or more Linux distributions and their underlying applications; preferably Debian (iptables, init, systemd, unix powertools, etc)
- You have a basic knowledge of networking technologies (firewalling, VPN, vlans, etc)
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- You understand file system and storage systems (NFS, ext4, btrfs, etc)
- You have a solid knowledge of databases, both relational and NoSQL
- You are a team player who can contribute at all technical levels
- You are trustworthy
- An initiator who can work independently
- Someone who can work under pressure
- A person with a great passion for technology and a great thirst for knowledge
- A precise and result-oriented person with a can-do attitude
- English is a must