team.blue was created in June 2019 by the merger of regional leading hosting providers Combell Group, Register Group and TransIP Group and offers digital presence and enablement tools such as domains, hosting, email, VPS and applications to over 2 million SME, SoHo and developer customers across Europe. The group consists of several well-known and respected brands, spanning across thirteen European countries and operating under several brand names for each jurisdiction – with a bloodline that represents total commitment to customers. The group consists of several well-known and respected brands, with more than 30 brands across Europe and over 1,500 employees.
- Managing and setting priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems: storage, network, datacentres
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and management.
- Testing network/server/storage performance and provide network performance statistics and reports, developing strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Conducting research and making recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts
Required skills and experience
- Diploma or degree in Computer science or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience in network administration
- Strong knowledge of IP networking (switching, routing, load balancing, BGP, ipv6)
- Good knowledge of Bash or python scripting
- Good knowledge of configuration management systems, such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef
- Availability to work in datacentre environment and to travel in Italy and abroad
- Background in Information Technology, Excellent knowledge of Linux systems
- Availability to cooperate with foreign colleagues
- Motivated to work in a young, dynamic environment. Willing to constantly innovate
- Able to analyse problems, come up with solutions, concentrate, work quickly and adapt
- Availability to work out of office hours for maintenance and on-call activities on critical systems
- Proven experience with network environment with different vendors is a plus.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language is a plus
- Fluent Italian (spoken and written)
- English is a must