Namesco Limited (names.co.uk) is one of the UK's biggest domain and hosting providers. Domain names and web hosting are our specialities, but we also provide everything else needed to run a booming online business.
Since 2019, we have been part of team.blue, a European group of brands enabling entrepreneurs to succeed online. As a group, we operate across 15 countries, manage over 1.9 million domains, host more than 650,000 websites, and provide 2 million email accounts to our customers. Our incredible team of nearly 1,700 experts make this happen - are you ready to share your passion and join our team?
Why choose names.co.uk?
We want every member of our team to achieve more than they thought possible so that we can keep supporting our customers to succeed. We do this with:
- A diverse and inclusive culture.
- Access to flexible working opportunities.
- A relaxed, collaborative atmosphere.
- Motivational, coach-style leadership.
- Employee perks, including an enhanced holiday scheme and a birthday bonus.
What we do
We make succeeding online as easy as it can be for our customers. We:
- Provide award-winning IT services.
- Keep our products accessible and competitive.
- Offer a diverse range of products to allow customers to grow.
- Are customer-obsessed, offering multi-channel exceptional support.
The five characteristics that drive our behaviours and the heart of our business culture.
- We put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
- We’re stronger together and we trust each other to do the right thing.
- We tell it like it is and keep doors and mind open.
- We treat each other with respect and regard.
- We’re always thinking ’what’s next?’.
In Namesco Limited (names.co.uk) we are looking for a Senior Windows System Engineer to join our Internal IT team in Reading, UK. You will be managing our Internal IT landscape where we can +200 users. It’s a senior profile, and we expect you to be self-driven, and want to educate and up-qualify your teammates. You are not afraid of getting hands-on in end-user support and more complex issues. You will provide 2nd and 3rd-level support to our enterprise company at Namesco and team.blue.
You will work with large-scale projects, troubleshoot complex issues, and maintain the network infrastructure. You will also have the opportunity to learn and implement new technologies such as cloud computing and M365 services across the group in team.blue.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd-level support to end-users and IT staff on various IT systems and applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, network, and security problems.
- Install, configure, and update IT equipment and software.
- Monitor and optimize the performance and availability of the network infrastructure.
- Participate in planning, designing, and implementing IT projects.
- Document IT processes, procedures, and best practices.
- Research and evaluate new technologies and solutions.
- Provide training and guidance to junior IT staff.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role in an enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of Windows server, active directory, cloud, M365, and other IT systems and applications
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Certifications in relevant IT domains are a plus.
- Excellent time management.
- Resilient with the ability to problem solve.
- Clear written and verbal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Critical thinker.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
The normal hours of the business are 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday inclusive.
After training, Hybrid working will be available, after discussions with the Line Manager, but two days would be required in the office.
Right to work:
At any stage please be prepared to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are unable to support Sponsorship Visas.